Volunteers help with the many library programs, events and everyday needs. Give as much or as little time as you wish!
Volunteers are needed for four major book sales as well as mini sales to:
- Serve on the book sale committee and attend organization meetings
- Sort books (year round)
- Set up the afternoon before the sale
- Clean up the day after the sale
- Sell books during the sale
- Haul books
- Help put signage up for the sale
- Other miscellaneous duties
Volunteers are contacted on an as-needed basis for:
- Art Shows
- Youth Services
Give a Kid a Book
Volunteers are needed October through December to:
- Serve on the GAKAB committee and attend organization meetings
- Shop for books
- Sort books into different categories
- Deliver books to local agencies
- Move books
- Set-up for agency distribution
- Help hand out books at various agencies
- Write thank you notes to donors
Books for Babies
Volunteers are needed year-round to:
- Serve on the Books for Babies committee
- Shop for board books
- Assemble the kits
- Deliver the kits to area hospitals
Volunteers are needed year round to keep shelves clean and orderly by:
- Dusting the books and shelves
- “Facing” the shelves by bringing the books to the edge of the bookshelf
- Placing books that don’t belong on your designated shelf on the carts founds throughout the library
Volunteers are recognized with a nameplate placed their adopted shelf. Volunteers should plan to spend 2 – 3 hours a month taking care of their shelf.
Home Delivery Service
Volunteers are needed year round.
Home Delivery Services of L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library serves people confined at home or in a health-care facility due to illness, physical handicap, disability or lack of transportation. Volunteers and library staff deliver books and other materials to participants every three weeks. There is no charge for this service.
To volunteer to deliver library materials to a customer in your neighborhood or near your workplace, please call the Home Delivery Coordinator at 715-839-4857. As little as one hour of your time every three weeks would make a big difference in a person’s quality of life.
Questions about volunteering?
Contact us at 715-831-5301 or firstname.lastname@example.org