During the holiday season, the Give a Kid a Book (GAKAB) project distributes donated books to children in the community who might not otherwise have books to call their own.
Please help support the Give a Kid a Book project with your donation today!
Give a Kid a Book donates more than 3,500 books a year that are distributed by local agencies such as the Salvation Army, Bolton Refuge House, Community Table, St. Francis Food Pantry and Eau Claire Family Literacy. Donations are needed in the following categories:
- Infant to age 2 (board, cloth, bathtub books)
- Ages 2 – 5 (picture books)
- Lower elementary grades (fiction)
- Upper elementary grades (fiction)
- Elementary grades (nonfiction)
- Middle/High School (fiction)
- Middle/High School (nonfiction)
- Special requests (includes bilingual, audiobooks, etc.)
The Give a Kid a Book project relies heavily on volunteers from October through December.