Keep Calm & Access Information
What Do We Know About COVID-19?
We do not know when the novel coronavirus disease 2019/ COVID-19 will reach Eau Claire. What we do know is that the library will still be here for you in some way no matter what. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been keeping track of the increasing incidents of COVID-19 and we encourage the public to get their information from the CDC. Library administration is keeping a close eye on CDC’s reports and will continue to advise the public when there are changes with our services. Wherever our risk level is at, there are still things we can do to keep ourselves informed and learn about healthy habits that are best practice right now.
What Can I Do To Stay Healthy?
The CDC recommends the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue away.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Make plans in case of school/ work closures, or needing to stay at home due to illness. Talk to your boss about leave time to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Have food and medication on hand that may be helpful for the symptoms of the virus.
How Do I Know If I Have COVID-19?
What Are We Doing About It?
We care about our community and our community’s health. We have made the difficult decision to close the library at this time due to the recommendations from the governemnt and the CDC. We take our responsibility of providing services to the community very seriously. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for the most up to date information on this topic. We will be working hard in the coming days on providing services in new and innovative ways during this difficult time.
Add a CommentNow we'd like to hear your thoughts! Comments and suggestions are welcome!