Special Resources Pickup for Youth & Families
We are offering the following special resources via our pickup service:
- Meal bags of non-perishable food provided by Feed My People Food Bank (available once a week to people of all ages)
- Summer Library Program prizes (through September 1)
- Craft/activity bags
- Storytime kits (available late August for storytime in September)
Scheduling Material Pickup
Please call Youth Services at 715-839-5007 to schedule a pickup time and pickup station assignment. Youth staff are available Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If calling outside those times, please leave a message and we will call you back to schedule your pickup.
Appointments will be made in 10-minute slots, Monday–Saturday, up to five business days in advance. We will provide directions on pickup procedure (communicating with you directly). You will be assigned a specific lane and a specific cart to use during pickup (labeled by color and animal). Complete pickup steps are outlined below.
Please carefully follow our directions to ensure your safety and the safety of library staff. We are following recommended guidelines, which include wearing masks and gloves, proper hand washing, and sanitizing work spaces and equipment.
Picking Up Materials
IMPORTANT: If you are feeling unwell, or experience any COVID-19 symptoms, please call 715-839-5007 to cancel your pickup time.
- During your pickup time, enter the library’s Lower Level parking area off Dewey Street. If you arrive prior to your time slot, please wait at street level.
- Follow the cones and signs. There will be two lanes (designated by color), each with two pickup stations (designated by animal). Follow the directions you received from library staff and proceed to your preassigned station.
- Pull up alongside the pickup cart. (No need to park in a parking space as this will only take a few seconds.)
- One person may exit the vehicle and retrieve materials. (You will not be asked to show your library card number or proof of identification.) Verify the holds alias* and your pickup time on the attached slip of paper to confirm they are your materials.
*The holds alias is a code with the first two letters of your last name, first two letters of your first name, and month and day of birth. For example, Jesse Johnson born on May 8 would be JOJE0508.
- Place your materials in your vehicle, and then sanitize your hands using the hand sanitizer next to the cart before returning to your vehicle.
- Continue pulling forward, following the cones out of the parking lot.
- When returning home with your materials, we recommend placing materials in quarantine for 72 hours (3 full days) and following proper handwashing protocols after handling the materials.
If you are late for your appointment or need to cancel, please contact Youth Services at 715-839-5007.