Are you looking for great books to add to your To Be Read pile? Our new “Read This” series will bring you library staff recommended books, all available for digital download. Our first episode highlights a wonderful YA series.
Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson is available for download with your library card through Hoopla, Freading, and Overdrive. Download here!
Looking for a fun activity to do with your kids? The Try-it Tray is a great place at the library for kids to try out crafts and games, and we are bringing those ideas online for you to try at home.
We’d love to see your story cards and hear the stories you create, so please comment below, or email us comments and photos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy making!
Our popular Preschool STEM series is now online! Discover solids, liquids, and even the in-between with your kids in this science experiment. If you have cornstarch and water then you’re all set!
1. A liquid is something that can be poured. Find things that are liquid around your house. What other liquids can you think of?
2. Solids cannot be poured. What can you find around your house or outside that are solids?
3. There is also something in between a solid and a liquid called a suspension. Sometimes a suspension appears to be a liquid and a solid.
5. Stir together 2 cups of cornstarch and 1 cup of water.
6. Experiment with the Oobleck. How does it act like a solid? How does it act as a liquid?