Scavenger Hunt @ Home: Book, Movie, and TV Characters
Hello, library families! Are you searching for fun family activities to do at home, especially as the weather turns cooler and rainier this week? Try this fun indoor scavenger hunt! I’ve included prompts for talking, playing, and writing for various ages, just as I do in the Play and Learn at the library in order to bring a bit of the library home to you. Have fun! We’d love to see a picture of you and your character treasures, so be sure to email us with how your scavenger hunt @ home went.
For this scavenger hunt, I searched all over my house for objects relating to 1) book characters and, 2) movie and television characters. Maybe you could try that, too? Or go on an “I Spy” scavenger hunt with the pictures below.
Scavenger Hunt 1: Book Characters
• How many objects relating to book characters did you find at your home? Make a list!
• Tell the story about where a favorite object came from
• How many objects relating to book characters do you see here? Count them up!
• Which book character is your favorite?
• Do you see the gold ring? Do you know who it belongs to?
Scavenger Hunt 2: Movie and Television Characters
• How many objects relating to movie/television characters did you find at your home? Make a list!
• Use the objects and your imagination to act out a new scene or write a piece of fanfiction.
• How many objects relating to movie and television characters do you see here?
• Which movie or television character is your favorite?
• That is a very special dolphin in the picture! Do you know her name?