The Family Resource Center has been supporting local families for over 20 years through programs and services that build on family strengths. We are thrilled to partner with them to host a three-part series of Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) Virtual Seminars for all parents of children ages 0-12.
Triple P is an internationally recognized program that gives parents the skills they need to raise confident and healthy children, build strong family relationships, manage misbehavior, and prevent problems from happening in the first place.
The seminars in this series include:
The Power of Positive Parenting
- Tuesday, September 22, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Presented by Jennifer Eddy, MD; Family Resource Center Director
- In this interactive discussion, we will explain the core principles of Positive Parenting and explore key strategies for parents to develop nurturing family relationships and implement calm, effective ways to manage misbehavior.
Raising Confident, Competent Children
- Tuesday, October 20, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Presented by Caroline Wee; YMCA of the Chippewa Valley Childcare Services Director
- In this interactive discussion, we will introduce and explain the 6 building blocks of life-long success for children and review what parents can do to strengthen this critical foundation.
Raising Resilient Children
- Tuesday, November 17, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Presented by Susan Kishel; Family Resource Center Parent Educator
- In this interactive discussion, we will introduce the building blocks of children’s resilience and explore strategies parents may choose to promote their children’s social and emotional learning, and their ability to bounce back from adversity.
Registration is required for each seminar. For more information or to register, visit https://www.ecpubliclibrary.info/kids/triple-p-seminars/ or call Youth Services at 715-839-5007.
For additional Triple P opportunities for your family, including discussion groups and primary care, visit Family Resource Center’s website at frcec.org