Volcanos: Activity & Conversation Starters
2. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
3. Do you want your volcano to erupt with more foam? Add 1 teaspoon of dish soap.
4. Do you want colored lava? Add a small squirt of washable paint.
6. Pour in vinegar and watch the reaction. What do you observe (see, hear, smell)?
7. Optional: Build a volcano with Legos or Duplos!
You’re watching a chemical reaction! When an acid (the vinegar) and a base (the baking soda) mix they form a gas called carbon dioxide.
Share a picture of your volcano experiment! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or share via Facebook.