How Does It Work?
Reading Challenge 2021 is open to readers age 17 and older. Visit Beanstack to register for the challenge. If Internet access is a barrier for you, don’t worry! You can still participate. Please call Information & Reference at 715-839-5004 or email email@example.com for details.
- For book recommendations, get your Reading Journal 2021 or use the Reading Inspiration Lists on this page.
- Each month, complete an activity by reading a book or using one of your two “free spaces.” You will be entered in that month’s drawing for $10 in Chamber Buy Local Bucks.
- Read or listen to a book from all ten categories to get a free book of your choice at the end of the challenge. You will also be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing for a Kindle Fire at the end of 2021.
- Bonus! You will earn an extra entry into the Grand Prize Drawing when you register for our Summer Reading Program beginning in June.
Can I Choose My Own Books?
Absolutely. You don’t have to pick one of the reading inspiration titles.
Can I Read Ahead?
Sure, but you’ll still need to report one activity (book or free space) each month to qualify for monthly drawings.
Can I Catch Up?
Yes, but you will only be entered into each monthly drawing once.
Do My Challenge Books Count for Other Programs?
Yes! Books you read for the challenge also count towards your reading for our seasonal adult reading programs.
If Internet access is a barrier for you, don’t worry! You can still participate. Please email Information & Reference at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-839-5004.
For Signing Up:
Your own Reading Challenge 2021
Every Month You Complete an Activity:
One entry into the monthly prize drawing
for $10 in Chamber Buy Local Bucks.
The Grand Prize Drawing:
for a Kindle Fire.
PLUS, When You Sign up for
the Summer Reading Program:
A second entry into the
Grand Prize Drawing.
2021 Reading Journal
This journal provides inspiration reading lists for each challenge, as well as a place to document your thoughts about each book you read.
Call Information & Reference at 715-839-5004 or email email@example.com to arrange to get your copy.
Reading Inspirations Lists
- Challenge #1: Book You’ve Been Meaning to Read
- Challenge #2: One Book, One Community Book (or Read-Alike)
- Challenge #3: Debut Novel
- Challenge #4: Book in Translation
- Challenge #5: Listen to an Audiobook
- Challenge #6: Book about the Past
- Challenge #7: Book That is the First of a Series
- Challenge #8: Book about the Future
- Challenge #9: Book Published the Decade You Were Born
- Challenge #10: Book Set in the Midwest