How do I apply for Home Delivery?
Please call 715-839-4857, or email email@example.com. Due to the program’s popularity, there may be a short wait for newcomers.
- A short interview will be conducted by the Home Delivery Coordinator, or by a staff member at the facility where the person resides.
- Materials are selected by staff, and delivered every three weeks by the library van or one of over 30 volunteers.
- A person may live outside the City of Eau Claire if the area is not already served by the Chippewa Falls or Altoona public libraries, and a volunteer driver is available.
Home Delivery Services Newsletter
Our newsletter is produced three times a year and delivered to program participants. If you would like to receive a newsletter by email, please contact the Home Delivery Services Coordinator.
You may also view the current edition here. Past issues are available by clicking “Newsletter Archives” below.
What kind of materials may I borrow?
- Customers may receive books, audiobooks, music CDs, Blu-rays and DVDs, video games, magazines, and Dabble Box maker kits.
- Customers may request materials on the MORE Online Catalog. The Home Delivery Coordinator retains the right to authorize all such requests.
- Downloadable media services (e-books, e-audiobooks, music, magazines, and video) are available to Home Delivery customers.
- Online research resources including consumer and legal research, genealogy, local history, health, government and grant information, phone numbers and addresses, auto repair, investment research, and language learning are all available.
- Interlibrary Loan service is available to Home Delivery customers.
Home Delivery Services Coordinator