The L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library delivers library materials to the homes, assisted living facilities and nursing homes of Eau Claire residents who find it impossible or very difficult to come to the library. There is no charge for this service. Our Home Delivery program serves almost 200 people who qualify based on an initial interview. Due to the program’s popularity, there may be a short wait for newcomers to be added. Materials are selected for our customers by the Home Delivery coordinator and several other selectors. They are delivered every 3 weeks by over 30 volunteers, or by the library van.
- A short interview is conducted by the Home Delivery coordinator, or by a staff member at the facility where the person resides.
- If the person qualifies to receive our service, he or she is assigned to a volunteer and route.
- A resident may live outside the City of Eau Claire if the area is not already served by the Chippewa Falls or Altoona Public Library, and if a volunteer driver is available.
- Home Delivery customers may also reserve their own materials on-line. The Home Delivery coordinator reserves the right to authorize all those requests.
- Interlibrary Loan service is available to Home Delivery customers.
- Books are picked up and delivered to the customer every 3 weeks.
Please call 715-839-4857, or email email@example.com
Home Delivery Services Newletter