Eau Claire County Reads is a county-wide reading program encouraging literacy and community engagement. The selected title is A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman, a comical and heart-warming tale of unkempt cats, unexpected friendship, and the ancient art of backing up a U-Haul.
- Copies of the selected book are available to check out in a variety of formats at your local library, sponsored in part by the Aging and Disability Resource Center.
- Each participating library will host one or more programs related to the issues presented in A Man Called Ove.
- All programs are free and open to anyone who is interested in attending, though some programs do require registration.
Want to Read More Books like This?
View or print our Book Link book suggestion guide.
View the event brochure.
Events at L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
- Thursday, January 23 | 6–8 p.m. | Film Screening: A Man Called Ove
- Thursday, February 20 | 6–7:30 p.m. | Book Discussion
- Tuesday, March 10 | 6–7 p.m. | The Story of Your Life: Writing your Forgotten Past
- Thursday, April 23 | 1–3 p.m., and repeated 6–8 p.m. | Ove’s Preserve and Store | Registration is required.
Register starting Wednesday, March 18.
- Thursday, April 30 | 6–7 p.m. | Shelter Pets Offer More Than Companionship
- Aging & Disability Resource Center of Eau Claire County
721 Oxford Ave, Rm 1130, Eau Claire • 715-839-4735
- Altoona Public Library
1303 Lynn Ave, Altoona • 715-839-5029
- Augusta Memorial Public Library
113 North Stone Street, Augusta • 715-286-2070
- Fairchild Public Library
208 Huron Street, Fairchild • 715-334-4007
- Fall Creek Public Library
122 E. Lincoln Ave., Fall Creek • 715-877-3334
- L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
400 Eau Claire Street, Eau Claire • 715-839-5004