Find out what Friends do, who we are, and how to contact us. Read our newsletters, meeting minutes and mission statement.
Friends of the L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library enhance and support the library through fundraising and volunteer efforts. Their contributions enable the library to provide the community with additional equipment, programs and services. The Friends organization provides approximately $15,000 to $20,000 a year to the library for purchases.
In addition, the Friends of the Library organization hosts events, supplies volunteers, and assists the library in many ways. Each year Friends volunteers give thousands of hours of time to the library.
- We support the Freedom to Read and the Library Bill of Rights as expressed by the American Library Association.
- We increase public awareness of the library’s resources and services.
- We assist in fund-raising efforts to provide the public with an enhanced library collection and improved service.
- We provide volunteer services requested by the library for special events and projects.
- We support new library services and facilities.
- We seek library support from the City Council and legislators when needed.
Friends Meeting Minutes:
- November Minutes
- October Minutes
- September Minutes
- July Minutes
- June Minutes
- May Minutes
- March Minutes
- February Minutes
- January Minutes
Friends Library Links newsletters:
Executive Board, 2016-2017
- President: Brenda Brant
- Vice President: Nancy Sowls
- Past President: Linda Stelter
- Secretary: Grace Rich
- Treasurer: Donna Weidman
- At-Large Member: Steven Green
- At-Large Member: Lynda Higgins
- Trustee Liaison: Brenda Brant
- Library Director (non-voting): Pamela Westby
- Library’s Programming & Communications Services Manager (non-voting): Isa Small
- Administrative Coordinator: Maria Baroni
- Book Sale: Grace Rich
- Finance: Donna Weidman
- Give a Kid a Book Project: Nancy Sowls
- In Honor Of: Vacant
- Library Links Editor & Layout: Maria Baroni
- Membership: Brenda Brant
- Nominating: Linda Stelter
- Program: Vacant
Contact Friends of the L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
- Phone: 715-831-5301
- Email: email@example.com