From the library’s archives, view photos from the earliest library in Eau Claire located in the Putnam and Ingram Buildings to our present location.
Annual reporting of the library’s collection, its Board members, annual circulation data and more from the library’s archives, 1896 to the present.
Library Board minutes from 1894 – 1911
In August, 1973, John Morris, president of the Library Board, presented to the City Council a request to authorize hiring an architect to draw plans for a new library.
On December 28, 1859, a group of men met at the home of Dr. David H. Ketchum and formed a library association with an election of trustees that included Thomas Barland. The first librarian was Henry C. Putnam.
Library Board minutes from 1912-1924
Scripts from a weekly radio program, “The Library Speaks” broadcast on WEAU radio in 1938.
L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
2725 Mall Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701
➜ Book Drop Locations